Saturday 27 September 2008

Rosemarie Highman


Rosemarie Highman
Originally uploaded by scotkat

This fuchsia is a joy a joy and delight in a pot ,hanging basket and,containers.

And the flower is stunning.

This is second flush of blooms and now ready to take fresh tip cuttings.

I will be taking multi pot cuttings.

To grow multi cuttings I normally start in a 3"pot fill pot around and in centre with tip cuttings only having 2 pairs of leaves,leave to grow untill roots show at base coming through.

This a sign ready to move to next size pot and you can keep doing this to a 6"pot .

By summer you will have a wonderful show could even move into a container of your choice and leav eall summer as multi pot container.

I can post tip cuttings in Spring if anyone would like a cutting you can pm me.

This a pleasure enjoy.

4 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

How interesting! I never thought of taking cuttings. I have a pretty green thumb, and find my plants usually grow too big around here.
Cheers from Cottage Country!

Unknown said...

Its great of you to share but its not possible across the oceans, besides over here it is not weather-friendly towards fuchsias.

Sally said...

Thanks for the lesson on taking Fuchsia cuttings. I don't have much to do with annuals because it breaks my heart to spend money on something that is only lasting one season. You've given me a reason to invest in Fuchsia! Great idea!

Linda said...

Fascinating. Thank you so much for sharing.